Seven projects will be funded under a $6.2m government investment in community sporting infrastructure in Alice Springs.
Mayor Damien Ryan said the Alice Springs Town Council’s Sport Facility Advisory Committee consulted with sporting groups and associations to determine the priorities for Alice Springs.
- Resurface of the hockey pitch at Traeger Avenue
- Evaporative cooler and fans at the Alice Springs Basketball Centre
- Jim McConville oval change rooms and canteen facility
- Ross Park change room and canteen
- Flynn Drive oval facility rebuild, storage and canteen
- Rhonda Diano oval upgrades to track and field amenities
- Albrecht oval additional change room and storage.
The consultation also identified other facilities that may benefit from upgrades which will be considered in future programming, according to a government media release.