OPS4 Tenancy Practitioner (Multiple)
SA Housing Authority
Job reference: 541290
Location: 0872 – UMUWA
Job status: Short Term Contract
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
The Tenancy Practitioner – APY Lands supports Aboriginal customers from Remote Communities and is accountable for developing and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, SA Housing Authority partners including child protection, mental health, police, disability, education, income protection, emergency and crisis services, homelessness agencies and others to enable Aboriginal customers to secure and sustain appropriate housing. The role is responsible for effective and appropriate case planning and case co-ordination activities within a case management context including internal and external partners. As well as providing advocacy, referral services (within and external to the agency) and necessary follow up to connect clients to support and other community services they require. The role is also responsible for undertaking tenancy management of remote social rental housing properties.
- Successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete a National Police Clearance prior to being employed.
- Successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete a DHS Screening Unit Working with Children Check prior to being employed and every 5 years.
- The successful applicant may be required to hold a current Australian issued Drivers Licence, which must be maintained.
- Appointment will be to a specific Region within SA Housing Authority with possible movement to any other Region depending on organisation needs. The incumbent may be assigned to any other area to perform work of a similar nature appropriate to the classification on a temporary or continuing basis.
- Some intrastate travel necessitating overnight absences may be required.
- Some out of hours work may be required upon activation of the Emergency Relief Functional Support Group.
- The incumbent in the role is a Mandated Notifier of child abuse under the Children’s Protection Act 1993.
Role Status: Short term contract up to 30 June 2024.
Requirements: Desirable – Certificate III in Community Services or equivalent.
Remuneration: $74,315 – $77,901.
Enquiries: Charmaine Flynn, 0418 750 325, firstname.lastname@example.org
You are required to submit a cover letter which should be no longer than two pages addressing how your skills, attributes, experience and capabilities align with the role description. You are also required to provide three work referees, preferably two of these will be your most recent line mangers and attach your current resume via the online application form.
SAHA Employment Declaration must be completed and submitted with application.
The SA Housing Authority embraces equity, diversity and inclusion in all forms across its workforce and customer base. The Authority recognises there are distinct demographic groups which have long been disadvantaged and that racism, ageism, sexism and other forms of discriminations are problems for our society. As such, the Authority is committed to tackling cultural stereotypes both within and outside of the organisation as well as providing a safe, respectful and inclusive place to work.
Applications close: 31/07/2023 6:00 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.